The State of California's website has been developed in compliance with Section D of the California Government Code 11135. Code 11135 requires that all electronic and information technology developed or purchased by the State of California Government is accessible to people with disabilities. There are various types of physical disabilities that impact user interaction on the web. Vision loss, hearing loss, limited manual dexterity, and cognitive disabilities are examples, with each having different means by which to access electronic information effectively. Our goal is to provide a good web experience for all visitors.
Below you will find a list of some of the technology solutions we have integrated to make our website easy to navigate, fast-loading, and accessible.
- Uses Alternative Text “ALT” and/or “TITLE” attributes. ALT/TITLE attributes provide a written description of the image, which is accessible to screen readers, and it is visible when the mouse is placed over the image. This is also useful for people who have images turned off on their browser, in which case a description will display where the image used to be.
WCAG 2.0 Level AA
- The template adheres to WCAG 2.0 AA Guidelines and Success Criteria organized under the following 4 principles:
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and other alternatives for multimedia.
- Create content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning.
- Make it easier for users to see and hear content.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Do not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future user tools
These additions increase the level of accessibility and empowerment to our audience in creating a fully accessible website and documents for the enjoyment of all.
Keyboard Commands for:
Difficulty Accessing Material:
If you have difficulty accessing any material on this site, please contact us in writing and we will work with you to make the information available. You can direct your request to our Webmaster.
- 2018 Board Meeting Schedule
- 2018 Racing Schedule
- 2017 Racing Schedule
- 2017 Board Meeting Schedule
- Board Members
- Contact CHRB
- License Search
- Meeting Agendas, Packages & Transcripts
- Occupational Licensing Forms
- Press Releases
- Rules & Regulations
- Stewards Minutes
- Stewards Rulings